If you experience anxiety at the prospect of dental treatment, you are not alone. Countless patients feel nervous or even afraid when facing an upcoming dental procedure. This stems from past negative experiences, apprehension about unknown treatments, the abrasive sights and sounds of a dental office, and the cultural inundation of negative images concerning dentists. With sedation dentistry, we hope to help you step outside of your anxiety and realize that modern dental treatment can be a delight.
Dental IV Sedation
Find IV Sedation in Naperville IL
IV sedation is the most advanced sedative technique for comprehensive control of pain and dental anxiety. This sedation option creates profound relaxation and patient comfort. Dr. Zymantas administers sedation that fits each patient’s precise needs. In most cases, patients don’t remember the procedure, allowing them to overcome their dental phobia. The IV technique also offers superior pain control.
Fewer than 2% of general dentists in Illinois have the special training, permits, and licensing issued by the Board of Dental Examiners to perform this advanced procedure. Dr. Zymantas has been trained and certified in the use of oral (prescription medication) and intravenous (IV) sedation. He has also received advanced IV sedation training from the Medical College.
Dr. Zymantas is a member of the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology. His entire clinical staff also receives ongoing training to keep abreast of developments. He also has ACLS training and active membership status.
We Recommend Dental IV Sedation For:
- Patients with moderate to severe anxiety or dental phobia
- Special needs patients who benefit from more work being done during each appointment
- Patients who want several dental procedures performed each visit
- Patients requiring complex or difficult dental surgery
- Patients whose medication restrictions prevent them from receiving sedation orally
- Patients with tooth sensitivity who are naturally more difficult to numb locally
- Patients with serious medical conditions who need access to intravenous medication
- People who are sensitive or allergic to conventional anesthetics
- Patients susceptible to gagging
Dr. Kaz has successfully completed dental implants and smile makeovers for hundreds of patients using these safe, effective techniques.
Your Dental Sedation Experience in our Naperville office
In addition to IV sedation, we offer various forms of sedation and anesthesia for patients with different needs and comfort levels. Sedation refers to drugs that relieve anxiety and induce relaxation, while anesthesia numbs pain by blocking nerve receptors.
- Oral conscious sedation – Oral conscious sedation is an exciting, newer form of dental sedation that has brought many of our patients welcome relief. By taking a pill 30 minutes to one hour before an appointment, patients can relax prior to treatment. If a patient has heightened dental anxiety, a bad gag reflex, sensitive teeth, or other factors than make dental treatment uncomfortable, oral conscious sedation can transform his time spent in the dental chair.
- Nitrous oxide – An inhaled form of sedation, nitrous oxide (aka “laughing gas”) is administered throughout your treatment to induce a calm happiness. Nitrous’ effects will last only the duration of your appointment, and wear off quickly. Its length of effectiveness is more predictable than that of oral conscious sedation.
- Topical anesthesia – Topical anesthesia is a numbing gel that is spread at the site of a shot to make the injection less painful. This is typically used before giving local anesthesia.
- Local anesthesia – This is used during every dental procedure that affects your teeth or gums to numb pain. No matter your procedure, we will use local anesthesia to keep the appointment from being a negative experience.
Sedation dentistry ensures that your time spent in our dental office is pleasant and calm, and fosters positive relationships between you and our staff. If you’ve struggled with dental anxiety, we can make a difference.
Naperville Sedation Dentistry | Naperville Sedation Dentist | Naperville Sedation Dental | Dental Sedation Naperville