Wisdom Teeth Removal
Ask Premier Dental Center if our services are right for youMake an Appointment
Most people need their wisdom teeth removed because there isn’t enough space for them to come in properly. They tend to come in at an angle or they don’t fully emerge. Third molars (the wisdom teeth) routinely damage the teeth right next door, called second molars. When wisdom teeth come in sideways like this, it throws off your bite, creates an area where food gets caught, decays both of the teeth and can even cause a painful infection.
Common problems associated with wisdom teeth misalignment include:
- Painful, swollen gums
- Crowded or damaged surrounding teeth
- Possible damaged nerves and jawbone
Although it's normal for patients to fear the wisdom teeth removal process, the dental team at Premier Dental Center will provide the safest, most comfortable extraction procedure possible.
The extraction procedure:
- Local, sedation or general anesthesia is administered
- An incision is made in the gum tissue
- The bone that blocks access to the tooth root is removed
- The wisdom tooth is removed
- The site of the removed tooth is cleaned
- The wound is stiched close to promote healing, though this isn't always necessary
- Gauze is placed over the extraction site to control bleeding and to help a blood clot form
We can evaluate the state of your teeth and advise you on the most convenient and effective schedule for successful treatment. Call your Naperville dentist at 630-355-3339 today to schedule a consultation.